I am a BACP registered Child and Adult Counsellor and Psychotherapist with many years of experience working with individuals and groups in private, clinical and school settings. I am delighted to join the Spatium team where I will bring a variety of treatment methods to help optimise the healthy functioning of the mind, body and spirit.
As an integrative therapist I work with a number of models depending on the needs of the client. These include Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Person Centred, Transpersonal and Creative arts. When working with children the emphasis is on using creative play, such as art, clay, puppets and sand. These are therapeutic tools to help the child express themselves whilst working through difficult feelings and emotions. With adolescents and adults, the work is primarily based on talk therapy. The sessions are held in a room in Spatium and parents or companions are invited to relax in the Spatium waiting area.
Areas of counselling include:
- Addictions (alcohol and drugs)
- Anxiety and stress
- Behavioural issues
- Bereavement and Loss
- Exam stress
- General unhappiness
- Low Self Esteem/self confidence
- Sexual identity
- Spiritual crisis
- Periods of transition
Groups / Workshops
- Self Esteem and Social skills for children
- Resilience training
- Individual or group supervision for counsellor
- £65 for 1 hour individual therapy session.
- For supervision, groups and workshops, please enquire for price.
- Concession available for schools and social cases.
Affiliations / memberships
- BACP registered Child and Adult Counsellor and Psychotherapist with many years of experience working with individuals and groups in private, clinical and school settings.