What is Herbal Medicine?
Herbal medicine is the most ancient form of medicine utilising the natural plant chemicals that have been given to us by Mother Nature. It is suitable for people of all ages and is safe to use under the supervision of a qualified herbal practitioner.
Herbal remedies can be as simple as a cup of chamomile tea or a specially formulated medicine consisting of a variety of several herbs carefully blended and dispensed by the herbalist in the form of a tincture, tea, or cream. There are many other unusual ways in which herbal remedies are prepared too. For example, you may be prescribed a syrup, jam or lozenges. Ask your herbalist for more information.
What makes my clinic unique?
I see private patients by appointment for a variety of health issues including skin problems, women’s health, circulation problems, digestive issues, respiratory health including smoking cessation, sleep and stress related issues and much more. The herbs I use are tailored to the individual need of each patient and can be prepared for you in the form of tinctures, teas, powders or creams as required.
What makes my clinic unique is that I utilise herbs from Western, Ayurvedic and Chinese traditions and also provide a tailored treatment plan which includes diet modifications, lifestyle advice and sometimes recommendations for supplements or other relevant therapies to ensure I am helping you in the most holistic way possible.
I also enjoy sharing my knowledge and I am happy to run herb walks, talks and workshops.
I am also available for appointments on Thursday evenings in Pinner and occasionally at other times also.
The therapies I offer at Spatium include:
£85, all-inclusive per visit including:
- An initial 1 hour consultation and 2 weeks supply of herbs
- Or A follow-up consultation and 4 weeks supply of herbs.
Affiliations / memberships
- I hold a BSc (Hons) MNIMH which means that I am a qualified medical herbalist with over 20 years of experience in the complementary health business. I am passionate about herbs and natural medicine and have been using natural remedies to help people overcome their health concerns.
- I have trained for 5 years and during that time I studied anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, physiology, pharmacy, phytochemistry, botany, research, therapeutics and also completed over 500 hours of clinical work.
- I am a member of the UK’s leading professional body representing herbal practitioners, The National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH) and a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM).
To find out more and to book, contact Varsha on 07730 979 400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.